Um, yeah so these happened. I wasn't sure how using fresh blueberries would work out, but let me tell you, they are GOOD. AMAZING. YUM. JUST MAKE THEM.
Don't you just want to eat them all up?
Then lets get started!
Just fill your food processor bowl with 4 ingredients: dates, cashews, fresh blueberries, and vanilla extract
Blend until it looks something like this
Then scoop the mixture out by spoonfuls, form into balls, and then roll around in your topping of choice!
And NomNomNomNom away! Tag me @marymosquera_rd on instagram if you make these, would love to see your creations!
Recipe: Blueberry Vanilla Cashew Bites 3 Ways
Makes 16 energy bites
- 1 c dates, roughly chopped
- 1 c cashews
- 1/3 c fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder, flaked coconut, and graham cracker crumbs for rolling
- Place dates, cashews, blueberries, and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor
- Blend for 30 seconds, then stop to scrape down sides of the food processor bowl. Blend for 30 seconds until it forms a sticky paste (and it will be sticky!). Remove the blade from the bowl
- Place a sprinkling of cocoa powder, coconut flakes, and graham crackers on 3 separate plates
- Using a spoon, scoop out the mixture from the food processor bowl and form into balls with your hands (again, be prepared for stickiness! But I promise it's worth it!)
- After you form each ball, roll it in your topping of choice.
- Place each ball in a large tupperware container lined with parchment paper, to prevent stickiness (FYI I didn't have any parchment paper and mine didn't really stick, but it would probably come in handy)
- Put a lid on your container and place it in the freezer for 30 minutes to allow the bites to firm up.
- Remove from the freezer and enjoy! Can be kept in the refrigerator for 1 week, and the freezer for 1 month